DECD Reporting Guidelines
Design and Technology: Materials
Design and Technology: Digital Technologies:
Economics and Business:
Civics and Citizenship:
Health and Physical Education:
Here’s the link to the Skoolbo website for you to have a look at. I will email your login details.
- matches questions to the level of the student
- focuses on reading and number fact skills
- will be good for fluency practice (homework)
- very engaging
- motivating – points, avatar and room, ‘superhero suit for a week’, etc.
- builds in complexity as student answers questions correctly
- teachers can monitor progress
- easy login system
- each class has been set up, teachers can use the ‘test’ student that has been set up to explore/ model
Aspects to consider:
- sound is an integral part of the program so each student needs a headset when working at school
- parents will need information about how to support students at home (downloading program)
- Skoolbo has been added to all computers in the computer room and in the early years. If you want to download it on others computers please let me know.
- Click on the Skoolbo icon on the screen
- Students will need to enter their normal login (for the computer) on the first screen to get them through the proxy server
- Click on your class
- Click on your name
- The passwords have all been set to black bee, but can be changed by individual students as needed.
- Students will be directed to choose their avatar and then they click on ‘Play’ to start.
- Have fun!
Here are some suggestions for Maths diagnostic tests that can help to assess where students’ understandings are:
- George Booker tests Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, Division and Fractions
- Place Value Mental Routine – in Ann Baker’s book
- Decimal Number test p.32 of article attached to this post (Understanding Place Value, 2004 – understanding_place_value-1m3b2tw)
- First Steps Maths diagnostic tasks – various depending on which aspect you want to assess
- Maths Intervention Kit
- One Minute Maths Tests – to test fluency of quick recall of basic number facts